- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Automobile Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Medical Malpractice
- Commercial and Family Law
- Insurance Claims
- Estate Administration
Steve Bergstein has been in private practice in Allentown since 1978. His main areas of concentration are personal injury work, including workers compensation, automobile accidents, slip and fall, and medical malpractice as well as commercial and family law. He also has an active practice in mediation, helping to resolve disputes among individuals, insurance companies, and businesses.
Steve was born in Pittsburgh but grew up in the Hazleton area. He graduated from Hazleton High School, earned a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, and his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh. Steve is happily married to Nanci. Together they are the proud parents of six children, ages 31 to 41, and seven grandchildren. Steve is also grateful to be a three time cancer survivor. He is often called upon to talk to individuals and groups about his experiences and encourages others facing similar challenges.
Steve was admitted to practice in Pennsylvania in 1978. He is a member of the Lehigh County and Pennsylvania Bar and is also admitted to practice before the Federal Courts including not only the District Courts of Pennsylvania, but also the 3rd and 6th Circuit Courts of Appeal as well as the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the Lehigh County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, and is a member of the Civil Litigation, Family Law, and Workers Compensation sections. He also was a Charter Member of the Donald Wieand American Inn of Court, an organization dedicated to bettering the quality of advocacy in our courts in which he serves as a mentor.
Steve is also affiliated with the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, an organizations dedicated to protecting the rights of victims of accidents, medical malpractice, other injuries, and preserving access to the courts.
Steve is and has been litigation counsel to some of the largest companies in the Lehigh Valley and beyond, handling a myriad of problems from business disputes to employment matters, and just about everything in between.
By special appointment of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Steve chaired a Hearing Committee which heard cases of lawyer discipline and made recommendations to the Disciplinary Board of Pennsylvania. When his six (6) years of service ended, Steve was asked to remain active and continued to serve by special appointment for an additional 8 years.
Steve has also been active in the community, having served as President of Congregation Brith Sholom, as a Vice President of the Eastern Pennsylvania Region of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, as well as Chair of the Community Relations Council of the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley. Steve also served for many years as Administrative Vice President and Legal Counsel to the Jewish Day School of Allentown which all his children attended. In December, 2001, he was honored by the school as its person of the year.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1978
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1974
- Honors: Dean's List
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Allen Organ Company
- Agentis Plumbing, Mr. Rooter
- Professional Construction Services Group
- KDG Group
- Steven Markowitz, President Allen Organ Company, Macungie PA
- Stephen Agentis, President, Agentis Plumbing, Bethlehem, PA
- Thomas Hyland, President, PCS Group, Mertztown, PA
- Stephen Zarnas, President, G.C. Zarnas, Inc., Bethlehem, PA
- Kyle David, President, KDG Group, Allentown, PA
- Frank, Frank, Penn & Bergstein P.C., Shareholder, 1982 to 1997
- Lehigh County Bar Association, Civil Litigation, Family Law, and Workers Compensation sections, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Civil Litigation, Family Law, and Workers Compensation sections, Member
- Donald Wieand American Inn of Court, Charter Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
Current Employment Position